Saturday, August 10, 2019

A MESSAGE FROM OUR FOUNDER.........

From:   Joyce Palombo Lucas‎ to The Pink Slipper Project

"Happy 10th Anniversary Pink Slipper Project!

Good Morning Everyone!  My name is Joyce Lucas.  For those that don’t know me, I am the founder of The Pink Slipper Project.  This project is very near and dear to my heart.  At the time we started 10 years ago, I never could have imagined how much we would grow, and how many people we would reach.  Health circumstances did not allow me to continue this heartwarming endeavor; However, Rachel and Judy, two of my most avid supporters, stepped up and kept The Pink Slipper Project going.  As the PSP continued to grow, Rachel and Judy reached out to Jan, Lynn, Julia, Bonnie and Alinda to join the crew.  So before I go any further, I’d like to give a huge thank you to these generous ladies that have continued give of themselves, warming the hearts and toes of women and children in shelters across the nation.

I’d also like to thank all of the contributors that stepped up to meet each and every challenge over the years.  When these women are at their lowest, when they feel like no one understands what they are going through, you reached out with a thoughtful and useful gift.  Many of these women left their homes with just the clothing on their backs, and have nothing at all.  So, receiving a warm pair of slipper can mean the world to them.

Warmly wishing The Pink Slipper Slipper Project a HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY! ❤️"


No comments: