We are going to be asking each shelter if they would like handmade ornaments or decorations with their packages. We want to be sure that we are meeting the needs of all our shelters and their residents. There are a few rules that need to be followed:
- Please do not send religious items..such as crosses, as an example, but focus on the festivity of the season and something that would bring joy to the majority of the residents and staff.
- Many shelters have storage issues so please include just a few items in your package and make them no larger than a washcloth would be (approx. 8 x 8 inches) in case they need to be stored.
- FOR SAFETY ISSUES: Do not use small items in your ornament that could be easily removed by a child and swallowed.
- Remember that each shelter gets 30-40 boxes each challenge. Keeping your extras to a minimum allows each of our members the chance to have their items seen and appreciated.
- We'll be doing this for each challenge until our break so there will be plenty of opportunities to spread the love around!