We have already finished seven (7) new slipper and washcloth challenges for 2016, plus three (3) Cozies for Pets and two (2) Happy Hands challenges for several of the shelters who allowed pets at the shelter and/or an arts/crafts program with crocheting and knitting opportunities. These challenges were all posted and pledged on our Facebook page.
So far in 2016, we have done challenges for:
- Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services, Oshkosh, Wisconsin (80 slippers, 80 washcloths, plus 8 skeins of yarn, 8 pr. knitting needles, 8 crochet hooks, 8 scissors, and 8 yarn needles
- Asian-Americans for Community Involvement, San Jose, California (200 slippers, 200 washcloths
- Turning Point, Kemmerer, Wyoming (80 slippers, 85 washcloths)
- Haven of Hope (HOPE Coalition), Red Wing, Minnesota (103 slippers, 100 washcloths)
- Serenity Shelter, Mountain Home, Arkansas (80 slippers, 80 washcloths, 6 pet blankets)
- Underground Railroad, Saginaw, Michigan (108 slippers, 100 washcloths, 5 pet blankets, 10 skeins of yarn, 10 pr. knitting needles, 10 crochet hooks, 10 scissors, and 10 yarn needles
- Gateway Battered Women's Services, Aurora, Colorado (66 slippers, 70 washcloths,) Cozies for Pets challenge upcoming soon.
If you would like to make a pledge, please place it in a comment on the challenge post and we will get it. There is a Sizing Chart in the right-hand column that will give you the approximate size of the slippers in each category. Crocheted or knitted washcloths should be made with cotton yarn (not acrylic), 7" - 10", any colors. Use any patterns you wish.
Each challenge will include a "mail by" date and the address where you should send your items once you have made them.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us!
Rachel, Judy, and Lynne
Post a Comment